Ohio Citizen Action Internship
Posted on October 13, 2015
Work for Environmental and Consumer Rights Justice
Are you looking for a paid internship or summer or full time job doing something important?
Who would you be working for?
Ohio Citizen Action has nearly 80,000 members state wide and is a part of a nationwide network of campaign organizers, local groups and allied organizations who are working to build power for environmental and social change! We have a 40-year track record of organizing successful campaigns on key issues affecting people, communities, waste, toxins and other environmental, consumer rights, and public health issues. Our core mission is to promote social action at the grassroots level—to make peoples’ voices heard.
What would you be doing?
- Working with neighborhoods and communities to organize and increase public awareness of local, state and national The focus of our work is to:
- Mobilize public support to strengthen and enforce environmental and consumer protection laws
- Ensure, through grassroots organizing, that community members are aware of environmental issues affecting them directly
- Implement political actions to protect people and their communities
What are the hours and schedule for the work?
- Hours are Monday through Friday 2:00 m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Extensive training is
- Part-time positions available for students (3 days per week).
- Students can choose the days they work for part-time.
- Salary is $400-515/week for full
What key benefits would you get from this opportunity?
- Training in environmental & consumer rights issues including regular seminars
- Experience in the legislative and political process
- Enhanced communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Work as part of a highly motivated and dedicated team that is interested in your personal development
- Opportunities for future management training, permanent positions, and career advancement in the field
- Opportunities for travel and participation in national conferences
How do you apply?
To apply for an informational interview, call 216.861.5200. Address: 614 West Superior Ave, Suite 1200, Cleveland, OH 44113
Please note that the Department of Political Science alerts our students to a range of opportunities, including internships, fellowships, and jobs. We do not endorse or sponsor these, and leave it to the judgment of our students what is most useful and appropriate to them.