The Ohio Environmental Council (OEC) Action Fund is looking for an intern to help with government affairs research and writing in Columbus.The OEC Action Fund offers pragmatic solutions to achieve results. We work within broad coalitions, not divisive partisanship, to unify those with a shared interest. The intern will have opportunities to be part of a nonprofit organization, attending staff meetings, policy meetings, and getting to know staff.
Time Commitment: 15 hours minimum per week
Schedule: Flexible 10-12 weeks, summer
Location: Columbus, Ohio
● Research legislative positions and votes of General Assembly members
● Assist in drafting of OEC Action Fund Scorecard
● Assist in scheduling meetings
● Proofing legislative testimony and fact sheets This internship is a volunteer, unpaid position.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Self-motivated and flexible
● Strong editing and proofreading skills are highly desirable
● Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office
● Knowledge of political and legislative processes preferred
● Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Suite
About the OEC Action Fund
The Ohio Environmental Council Action Fund is the state’s most comprehensive, effective and respected environmental advocate for a healthier, more sustainable Ohio. Our experts work daily to restore, protect, and strengthen the quality of life for families and communities — from the air we breathe and the water we drink to the food we eat and natural resources we enjoy. Find out more at www.theOECactionfund.org.
The OEC Action Fund is committed to inclusion and diversity. We seek to hire staff that reflects the diverse communities and perspectives that comprise Ohio. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
The OEC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject of “Government Affairs Internship Application”. This application will close on March 30, 2018.
Please note that the Department of Political Science alerts our students to a range of opportunities, including internships, fellowships, and jobs. We do not endorse or sponsor these, and leave it to the judgment of our students what is most useful and appropriate to them.